The Diversity and Inclusion Committee of the European Society for Dermatological Research (ESDR) is offering opportunities for dermatology trainees in Myanmar to apply for travel awards to attend the 49th Annual Meeting of the ESDR, Bordeaux, France 18-21 September 2019. This is part of the ESDR’s initiative in Global Health and is in collaboration with the Burma Skincare Initiative.
Two awards are available which will include: registration fees for the 49th Annual ESDR Meeting; 4 nights’ hotel accommodation; and up to 1000 euros for travel and living expenses.
1. To provide an opportunity for Myanmar dermatology trainees to gain the latest clinical and scientific knowledge in dermatology
2. To provide Myanmar dermatology trainees with networking opportunities with the international dermatology community
3. To enable the selected candidates to disseminate the knowledge, experience and networks gained from the meeting with the dermatology teams in Myanmar
1. Myanmar citizen
2. A dermatology trainee
3. Excellent spoken and written English
HOW TO APPLY
1. A short CV (2 pages maximum)
2. A short personal statement (300 words maximum) to include
your career aspirations
reasons why you wish to attend the ESDR meeting
how you will further develop and disseminate the knowledge, experience and networks gained from the meeting for career development and for the benefit of the dermatology community in Myanmar.
3. Two references, one of which should be from your current head of department.
4. Closing date for applications 30 April 2019.
EVALUATION OF THE APPLICATIONS
Applications will be assessed by the ESDR Board
1. The merits of the applicant
2. The importance of the award to furthering the clinical/academic career of the applicant and to benefit the dermatology community in Myanmar.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
1. Your application must be sent as a single pdf file to Thomas Florestan at the ESDR office email@example.com
2. The email subject should be: 2019 ESDR MyanmarTravel Award application
NB: Successful applicants will need to submit a one-page (A4) report on his/her experience of the ESDR meeting to firstname.lastname@example.org